Advantages and Disadvantages of Gate Valves
Gate valve refers to the valve whose closing part (gate) moves vertically along the axis of the passage. It is mainly used as cutting medium in the pipeline, i.e. fully open or fully closed. Generally, gate valve can not be used as flow regulation. It can be applied to low temperature pressure can also be applied to high temperature and high pressure, and according to the different material of the valve. But gate valves are generally not used in pipelines for conveying mud and other media.
The fluid resistance is small.
(2) The starting and closing moment is smaller;
(3) It can be used in the annular network pipeline where the medium flows in two directions, that is to say, the flow direction of the medium is not limited;
(4) When fully opened, the erosion of the sealing surface by working medium is smaller than that of the globe valve.
The structure of the body is simple and the manufacturing process is good.
_The length of the structure is relatively short.
The shape size and opening height are larger, and the installation space is larger.
(2) In the process of opening and closing, the wear of the sealing surface is relatively large, and even it is easy to cause abrasion at high temperature.
General gate valves have two sealing surfaces, which add some difficulties to processing, grinding and maintenance.
(4) Opening and closing time is long.